From:
Elysse R. Paige <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:10:57 -0800

Thank you to the poster of the warning on Hidden Valley.  I have severe
gluten enteropathy.  I am very strict about my diet and was shocked when I
developed diarrhea 6 days ago.  This coincided with me try to Original
Reduced Calorie mix for the 1st time. It was the only unknown food product
I had ingested/cooked with.  I called HV several weeks ago before
purchasing it and they assured me it was safe. I didn't eat any yesterday
and today I did not have my usual gluten exposure symptoms.  When I called
HV they confirmed that the product now contained traces of gluten.  Traces
my *ss.  That's traces too much for me!  I made sure they included the fact
they I became ill in their 'intake' record.  Even if they correct this,
it's not likely I'll trust them enough to buy their product in the future.

Elysse R. Paige
Human Resources Analyst
Medical Management Program
Housing and Dining Services