From:
David Walland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Walland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:25:29 +0100

Dear All,

Here in the UK Modified starch may be made from any sort of starch.
Sometimes it is named these days (eg "modified maize starch") but unless
it is then we have to avoid it as it may be or contain wheat starch.  My
wife (the coeliac) and I also assume the same in her native Denmark.
I wonder if the situation in the US reflects the relative price of wheat
and maize starch or an effective piece of lobbying by maize farmers :-)

Regards

David Walland