Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:16:26 -0500

Hi All~~

For all of the gluten intolerant/gluten sensitive or diagnosed celiac
patients who experience constipation, I've recently done some research and
want to share it with the list. Since I have never been diagnosed with cow
milk allergy and all of the physicians I've seen have discounted food (not
just cow milk) intolerance as a cause of chronic constipation, I decided to
do a review of research being done in this area - if any. It may be
encouraging to many on the list to know that food intolerance can and does
cause constipation not relieved by laxatives - encouraging in that finding
the food intolerance might well turn your situation around.

I don't intend to provide a summary except to say that if you are
experiencing constipation without a firm diagnosis of what is causing it,
first look to foods containing protein.

I may be the last to put two and two together, here, but if not, there are
many, many articles regarding food intolerance and constipation. One article
I found to be especially helpful is on Medscape and requires registration,
but registration is free.

The link is: www.medscape.com/viewarticle/547083_1