From:
"Tammy L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tammy L.
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:32:53 -0800

Here are some of the responses I received:

GF Donuts

2 beaten eggs (or egg replacer if allergic to eggs)

1 1/2 cups milk

2 cups GF flour (we use pamela's mix)

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

3-4 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into donut pans.  Bake
at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until done.  Cool
donuts.  For toppings, we melt icing in the microwave and
dip our
donuts into it. Then we add sprinkles.  We also dip some
donuts in melted butter then a cinnamon/sugar mix or
powdered
sugar.

This recipe makes about 10 large donuts or 18-20 mini
donuts.

Donut Muffins
Lieven
Combine:  2/3 c. sugar (.67)
             1 1/2 c. g.f. flour  (1.5)
                   2 tsp. baking powder
               1/4  tsp. salt (.25)
               1/2 tsp. cinnamon (.5)
               1/4 tsp. nutmeg (.25)
               1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (opt.) (.25)
Mix in blender:  1 egg
                    1/2 c. milk  (.5)
                    1/3 c. melted margarine (.33)
                       1 tsp. vanilla

Add to dry ingredients. Mix to moisten.  Fill lightly
"Pam-ed" muffin tins half full.  Sprinkle w/ cinnamon
sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 min.  Makes about 1
dozen.

There is a really good recipe on www.therubyrange.com

GRAIN-FREE HONEY GRAHAMS
Recipe from:
“Incredible Edible Gluten-Free Food for Kids”
(One of my favorite cookbooks!)
By: Sheri L. Sanderson

¾ cup margarine or butter
¼ cup honey
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ½ teaspoons salt (*I don’t think they need this much
salt, I usually use a pinch)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup light bean flour (Garfava, full fat soy or
Garbanzo)*or substitute see below*
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup potato starch
¼ cup sugar (if desired) for sprinkling on top.
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (if desired) for sprinkling on
top.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Press or roll out onto lightly oiled or non stick cookie
sheet, bake for 25-30 min.
Variation: 1.) part or all of the light bean flour can be
substituted with brown rice flour or rice flour if desired.
(I do recommend this, as bean flour gives off a strong
after taste, also extra vanilla extract and sugar helps
too) 2. Reduce potato starch to ¾ cup and add ¼ cup
unsweetened baking cocoa for chocolate grahams, omit
cinnamon.

Sprinkle with granulated sugar/cinnamon before baking if
desired.

These make great Smore’s around the campfire, or crushed
for cheesecake crusts! Enjoy…

My friend has been making graham crackers for years using a
Bette Hagman recipe...probaby in the first Gluten-Free
Gourmet.

I use recipe this for donut muffins (below) that have the
taste of cake donuts.  I tried them in a donut  pan but my
pan was somewhat work and the muffins were a little
fragil...I don't usually add any xanthan gum but it would
have helped in this case.

Enjoy from Milwaukee

Made by Mona mixes are my favorite.  www.madebymona.com is
where you'll
find the mixes as well as recipes.

Yellow Cake or Doughnuts

Basic and easy, and very versatile. Layer with white or
chocolate frosting, strawberries and whipped cream, etc.
Make sure your baking powder is gluten-free. Makes 2 -8 or
9 inch layers (24 servings).

Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Amy

1 ½- cups white rice flour

¾- cup tapioca flour

1- teaspoon salt

1- teaspoon baking soda

3- teaspoons baking powder

1- teaspoon xanthan gum

4- eggs

1 ¼- cups white sugar

2/3- cup mayonnaise

1- cup milk

2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and
rice flour two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.

2 Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking
soda, baking powder and xanthan gum together and set aside.

3 Mix the eggs, sugar, and mayonnaise until fluffy. Add the
flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well. Spread batter
into the prepared pans.

4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes.
Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched
or when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
clean. Let cool completely then frost, if desired

**THIS RECIPE MAKES GREAT DONUTS IF YOU JUST POUR THE
BATTER INTO DOUGHNUT PANS THAT ARE BAKED IN THE OVEN. YOU
MAY NEED TO SHORTEN THE BAKING TIME A LITTLE BIT.... AND
THESE DONUTS FREEZE VERY WELL.

Hope you enjoy these.
Tammy