From:
Betsey Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:53:50 EDT

I have just searched the Archives and did not find any postings on Taco Bell.
I had sent them a letter from their website inquiring which of their items
(if any) would be gluten free - I received the following response:

Because whet is part of so many of our recipes, many items served in TAco
Bell Restaurants are not suitable for gluten restricted diets. However thare
are a few items that can be safely ordered:

Pintos & Cheese
Bean Tostado
Side Items/Toppings Include:

Cheese Sauce Guacamole HOt/Mild Sauce Jalapeno Peppers Fiesta Salsa
Produce Items (lettuce, diced onions, green onions, Tomatoes) Sour Cream
Seasoned Rice PIcante Sauce - Red Sauce Cheddar Cheese Three Cheese Blend

She also says - We have recently begun frying our nacho chips in stores. Our
nacho chips DO NOT contain wheat, however the chips are fried in the same
fryer in which wheat containing items are prepared. Therefore we have removed
nacho chips as an accpetlable item for gluten free meals.

If you have further questions please contact them directly using inquiry
number: 2993401 Taco Bell Corp 17801 Von Karman, Mail Drop CS06
Irvine,CA 92614 Attn: Customer Inquiries 1800-TACOBELL

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Betsey Terry