From:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Vychodil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 21:41:42 +0000

Several of you have mentioned that you cannot handle Amy's GF products. Besides fruit and veggies, this has been my primary source for food over the past year. Now looking at my diet, I think it may be necessary for me to eliminate them. It will be difficult because I need to learn to cook more. I looked on the website for Amy's products; she has a Celiac son and this is the testing they follow:

"Amy's Kitchen Policies and Practices
Amy's has always had strict Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) to avoid cross-contact of our non-gluten products with gluten and we continue to strengthen these practices. The GMPs include strict raw material control, sanitation practices and employee training. We are constantly improving our practices to include more separation, a higher degree of testing and more in process checks. In the last year, we have increased our screening of critical ingredients to verify they are "gluten free" when they arrive at our plant. We continue to make efforts to minimize gluten in areas where gluten free items are processed. We have instituted a screening program to verify that equipment has been thoroughly cleaned between manufacturing runs. In addition, we have an in-house lab so that we are able to quickly screen ingredients and finished products to verify they meet the FDA "gluten free" standard of less than 20 ppm gluten. We are now routinely testing all Amy's products that are labeled "Gluten Free" to verify they meet the FDA requirement."

So if the manufacture says that they follow these practices, how can you trust any manufacture's GF statement? And what about grain fed cattle or chicken? At this rate, it's a wonder we are not all eating raw food exclusively. Sorry, I'm frustrated...

Michelle