From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 21:16:42 -0400

I never heard of the Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program, and I've been on this listserv for several years. The following is a short summary of what I've received so far:

Go to  www.glutenfreerestaurants.org

Not too far away in the West Village there are two restaurants that are part of the gluten free restaurant awareness program.
Gus' Place
149 Waverly Place  (at 6th Avenue)
212645-8511

Risotteria
270 Bleeker St.
212924-6664
Both restaurants have gluten free menus. Gus' Place is more comfortable but the food at both places is great.

The Risotto place is very inexpensive but not elderly friendly - bathroom is down a steep flight of stairs and when I was there with my kids, it was definitely a thirty and under date-type place.  Gus's is more expensive, but not outrageous.

Paradou  Below 14th St, West of Hudson. Restaurant is on Little West 12th.

This is NY...you can get gf food literally anywhere!!! have never had a problem!

There is a Whole Foods Market in Chelsea. I am not sure if they have in-store dinning, but most of their stores do. Check their website for location.

thanks. Lin