From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:23:41 -0700

Vicki wrote:  <While that is an extreme situation, I think that working in a bakery, or standing in a bakery to pick up wheat-based products for someone, or eating in a pancake house - any situation in which there is a lot of flour in the air, and maybe in the area where a person is standing, is a risk.

<For some people, there may not be a problem, but some of us are more sensitive than other.>

Vicki's made a very good point.  WE all have different levels of sensitivity and different "thresholds" of what we can tolerate.  For example:  I and several others on this list are so exquisitely sensitive to gluten that we can't safely cuddle our grandkids unless they've been thoroughly "cleaned up" first including having their hair shampooed & changed into freshly laundered clothing.  But, I know of others on this list who have never had a problem doing any activity with their grandkids anytime.  We're all different.

Valerie in tacoma