Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 18:12:48 -0500

We recently enjoyed a wonderful meal at a restaurant that purchases their desserts from NORA cupcakes. NORA markets a gluten free cupcake. As I had never heard of NORA we passed on dessert so I could reach out to the bakery to determine if their cupcakes were safe for me.  Below is what the NORA manager told me.

Their cupcakes are produced in the same facility where all of their items are made. There is no dedicated area for them. They are produced on the same day other cupcakes are made. They use the same equipment in producing their gluten free cupcakes. In the end, they informed me that they could only ensure that they did not use any gluten containing ingredients in making their gluten free cupcakes. They do not test their gluten free cupcakes for the presence of gluten.

Moral of the story - caution, eating out is risky. Glad we passed on the cupcakes.
*******
*******