From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 22:17:41 EDT

I just got back from a Bat Mitzvah in the Boston area (a minimum 8 hour
drive, each way.)  I feared this trip for weeks. I cooked and baked in
advance, and brought back-up food for travel and especially for the
obligatory family visits in non-celiac homes.

The highlight of the experience was the caterer of the affair...Linda of La
Bonne Maison. She accommodated my celiac with grace and confidence. Of
course, I had informed the host when I sent back the R.S.V.P. that I had
celiac and indicated that I would need flour-free, sauce-free food....or I
could bring my own. I offered to call the caterer directly, but the host
handled it, which made me more nervous. As it turned out, the caterer is
friends with someone who has celiac and was totally familiar with it. The
meal was totally gluten-free...from hors d'oerves to dessert, served in a way
that I was not made to feel out-of-place. In fact, the waitstaff was
wonderful!

If anyone in the New England area wants their phone number, I'll gladly
provide it.

Even the non-celiac guests sang their praises, for both excellent food and
service.

Word of advice...from the caterer...If you're going to a catered affair, the
menu is set in advance and parts of the meal are done ahead of time. Let your
host know in advance, so the caterer can anticipate your meal. (I also kept
my request very simple, so it was easily accommodated. When they're serving
hundreds of people, complicated requests can be confusing.)

Linda