From:
Caroline Eclipse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:17:00 -0500

All:

Almost all respondents are happy with their Zojirushi bread makers.  See
below for the summary.    Thanks for your responses!

=======
Before I learned I was celiac I received a BBCQ-10 (the one pound
version) as a gift.  .  .  .  It made excellent breads and doughs.  I
haven't gotten up the nerve yet to try GF breads in it .  .  .the
Zojirushi bread machines have always been highly rated and I have read a
lot of good things about them.
=======
My Zo is a slightly earlier, but very expensive model.  It is a pain to
program, and I find I almost never use it.  Borrow a bread machine from
someone for a week and see how it goes before you take up the counter
space and spend the money.
======
I have used one for over a year - but not for GF bread.  I use it
everyday for regular nonGF bread.
========
I have a Zojirushi and enjoy it. I am not sure what model I have. The
primary reason I got it was the double paddle and programmable
timer. It took me awhile before I got the hang of making GF
bread. This seems to common. I called Red Star for their pamphlet on
how to make GF bread. Seems the real key to making GF bread is simply
to reverse the order of ingredients, i.e. wet then dry as opposed to
dry then wet. Anyways, my Zoji never lets me down.
==========
If this is the model that has the horizontal loaf pan and two paddles,
yes, I bought one and yes, I like it!  I don't do a huge amount of bread
baking, but I found it pretty easy to fine tune to the flours I'm
buying, and I mostly use Bette Hagman's recipes.

I think that having 2 paddles and a different loaf orientation helps the
texture immensely over my last bread machine (a Pillsbury, which I was
never really happy with).  It seems that with less distance to "push",
the texture on my loaves come out more uniformly, bottom to top.
===============
I purchased that brand and model of breadmaker about a month ago and
have been perfectly happy with it.  I've only used the bread recipes out
of Betty Hagman's book.
I have had this bread machine for about 4 months.  Very happy with the
homemade program option and with the way it handles the dough.  Features
work well.  Only criticism is that it can, at times, be loud during the
kneading cycle.  I think it depends on the composition of the dough,
because it is not loud with all recipes, only some.  Regardless, it
handles all dough well in terms of even mixing and baking.