From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:10:34 PST

Listmates,  I've seen quite a few "awful diet" messages the last few
days, and have seen some complaints about the bread we are "forced" to
eat.  Well, I've found some really good bread recipes in a pamphlet from
Red Star yeast, available free of charge by calling 1-800-423-5422
(1-800-4-CELIAC).  I have no interest in this company, and I am not a
representative of the company.  I do know the bread has a very good
flavor, toasts well, and can be made on the 2 hour cooking cycle in your
bread machine.  I particularly like the "Brown & White" bread. Here's
the Brown & White recipe:

Wet ingredients:
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons vegatable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons water

Dry ingredients:
2 1/4 cups white rice flour
1 cup brown rice flour
2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon egg replacer (optional)
1/2 cup dry milk
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Mix wet ingredients, place in bread machine
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, and add to wet ingredients
Set bread machine to 2 hour cycle

Again, I have no personal interest in the Red Star company, but they
sure have given me a reason to look forward to breakfast with this
recipe.  Hope you like it. Oh!, be sure to refrigerate the loaf once it
cools.   Enjoy!  Dave T.