From:
Wendy Percival <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:53:24 EST

Dear List,

THANK YOU for the very kind thoughts so many of you sent in celebration
of Kimberly's anniversary.  I forwarded them to her email address
([log in to unmask]), so she can read them herself.  We read some of
them together yesterday, and she felt so wonderful, and so much less
alone.  It's nice to share something like this with people who can truly
appreciate it.

Now for the recipes.  Lots of you requested the recipes, so here goes:

Spaghetti Carbonara a la Rosari (my friend Karen's mom)

1 pound spaghetti (we use Tinkyada, slightly undercooked)
1/2 pound bacon
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 pound cooked ham, diced or julienne strips
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
5 eggs beaten

Brown bacon and crumble.  Pour off fat, then add oil, butter, garlic and ham
to pan.  Saute lightly.  Add cooked spaghetti, bacon, parsley, cheese, salt
and pepper.  Stir well.  Remove from heat and add eggs.  Toss quickly to cook.

It's fast and easy, and really delicious, but not quite healthful!

And as for the ice cream sandwiches:  I used a package of Gluten-free Pantry
brownie mix, and baked it in 2 jelly roll pans (10 x 15 inches) lined with
foil, then froze them.  I spread softened vanilla ice cream on one, flipped
the other on top, then froze it again.  Once it was set, I cut it into
squares.  Yum.

I posted a recipe for ice cream sandwiches to the list over the summer.  That
one is good too, but for chocolate lovers, this one is better.

Thanks again to all of you.  We make a strong community.  And GO RAIDERS!
(Rich Gannon's success will help us all!)

Wendy
Chatham, NJ