From:
charles b white <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 09:25:50 -0500

Ronald,

I was reading your letter with interest.  My Mother has almost exactly
the same symptoms your Mother does.  Her hands are badly deformed, benign
polyp removed from colon, asthma, hip replacement, knee replacement,
terrible sinus allergies.  Shes 86, came to stay with me last summer and
since my household is gf she had to eat gf.  All symptoms went away, she
felt wonderful but still denies it.  I had cd as a baby, at age 51 got
very sick, put myself on the gf diet, all symptoms went away, I am just
beginning to live.  I never knew what it was to feel good, life is
wonderful for me now.  My Mother tells me I"m neurotic so some people I
guess just refuse to deal with it.  Looking at my brothers and sister,
they have alot of symptoms also, the doctor had my brother on
antidepressants for depressions, mental foginess, vague physical
symptoms, my sister is 5'6", weighs 98 lbs.  Two of my cousins also have
celiac.
We have a newly formed support here in Maine so between that and this
listserv , the info. has been wonderful.  Thank you all so much to the
dedicated people who run this list and the people who offer so much by
exchanging info., I dont know what I'd do without you .

We"ve got 6" of snow here in Maine and its still coming down!! Winter
wonderland!  Janet in snowy Maine