From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 13:33:01 -0500

One year ago I had a blood test done for antibodies.  My IgG was
moderately elevated.  The others including transglutamese were normal.
My doc suggested further testing.  I opted for Dr. Fine's stool test.
It came back positive for all the antibodies including transglutamese.
However, it showed NO malabsorption. It also showed  sensitivity to
dairy, eggs and yeast.   I began a gluten free/casein free diet.  My
severe abdominal pain subsided and my dizziness dissappeared.  I never
suffered with the traditional symptoms of CD (diahrrea, weight
loss...).  I understand some people don't have that.  I'm not sure if
the gluten or dairy was causing the dizzyiness and pain.

After 1 year of gf/cf diet I still have small stools about the size of a
shoe string and several a day, lots of gas and tremondous fatigue.  Now
some abdominal pain is resurfacing.  I saw an allergist last week.  He
says candida is the culprit as well as other foods and wants me to begin
using nystatin and taking shots for the yeast allergy as well as soy,
dairy, cane sugar and WHEAT).  When I questioned the wheat he said
because I didn't have the biopsy I probably only have an allergy to the
wheat and not Celiac.

Here's my delima - should I suffer through eating gluten for a couple of
months (not sure I can handle the pain)and have a biopsy or should I
give the injections a try and do a test with the wheat to see what
happens.  I'm so confused that my head is spinning.  I swore off all
gluten and dairy and have accepted the diet as a life time change.  I
hate the thought of adding it back and sufferring the symptoms.  I don't
even know if allergy shots really work for yeast and foods.  Anyone with
experience there?  Shouldn't I just avoid those other foods?  I tried
the injections this week for the first time and had severe mood swings
as well as stomach pain.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jill