From:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Curet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:26:38 -0700

Hi Everyone -

I received an article entitled Celiac Sprue  in Current Concepts  of The
New England Journal of Medicine (Jan. 17, 2002, Vol. 346, No. 3, pp.
180-88).  The article, by Richard J. Farrell, MD and Ciaran P. Kelly, MD
gives an incredible and of course in depth explanation of Celiac Disease,
Clinical Manifestations, Diagnosis, Treatment, etc.  It covers specifics on
everything.  I don't know how to get a copy of it without actually
subscribing to the NEJM but it would be an extremely helpful article to
have your doc read to help educate and clarify the realities of the
disease.  I wish I'd been able to tell my doc about it before we started
testing since it would have eliminated some of the myths and tests that are
no longer used, and possibly given us a clearer path for diagnosis.   Just
thought I'd mention it and give a source of validity for those patients
whose doc's doubt CD without the "classic" diarrhea, vomiting, failure to
thrive symptoms.  If anyone knows how to access the article, maybe you
could post.  Thanks,

Kate, Salmon, ID