From:
Lynda Benkofske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynda Benkofske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 07:51:55 -0500

The Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota 6th Annual Walk/Run for Celiac Disease Research and Awareness on Saturday, May 19, 2007 was a great success!  A big "thanks" to Holy Family Catholic High School in Victoria for being the host of our walk location this year.  We had beautiful weather for all to enjoy the various activities--kid's games and face painting, visits by Ronald McDonald and Goldy Gopher, musical entertainment, numerous door and raffle prizes, autograph signings, and of course lots and lots of gluten free food samples to try!  There were over 1,000 participants and we have raised over $67,000 so far this year!  The majority of money raised will go to the University of Maryland - Center for Celiac Research with some of money remaining locally for celiac awareness projects.  Thanks to all of our volunteers, donators, and participants for another fantastic event in Minnesota!

*******
*******