From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:18:59 -0400

Our family and a couple of others we know are using the specific
carbohydrate
diet for some family members.  Others only need to be gluten free.

Given the new regulations about what you can take on board a plane, how can
we travel in the future? On SCD my friend wrote me

"I am dependent upon taking my homemade yogurt wherever I go. How will I be
able to go anywhere unless I drive? I can't imagine a doctor's script for
YOGURT?!  I took 2 gallons with me when I went on a recent trip to Texas.
Carried it right on the airplanes with me in the 1/2 gallon jars.  I live on
this stuff so there is no way to get around it.  But if I get stranded in an
airport for hours I'd not have it with me. It is sort of like "manna" to me
-- I really can't live without it right now."

So how are all of you dealing with the need to carry food on airplanes?

I will summarize.

Thanks for all your wonderful help these last couple years I have been on
the list.

Paula in Pa.