From:
Sandra Ziganti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Ziganti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:15:54 -0500

Hi All-

I really enjoy Orbit White gum so I thought I'd better inquire to make
sure it is GF.  I want to share the response email I received from the
company with all of you.

Hope everyone is well.

Sandi
Dear Sandi,

Thank you for writing to inquire about ingredients used in Wrigley
products.

The following is a list of U.S. Wrigley products that remain free of any
wheat, oat, rye or barley gluten:

Wrigley's Spearmint® gum, Freedent® gum, Doublemint® gum, Extra® gum, Big
Red® gum, Eclipse® gum, Juicy Fruit® gum, Eclipse® Flash breath strips,
Winterfresh® gum, Orbit® gum, Winterfresh® Thin Ice breath strips and
Orbit White gum.

If your sensitivity extends to other types of gluten, several of our
brands contain corn syrup, which may have trace amounts of corn gluten in
it.  The amount of gluten in one stick is less than 0.2 milligrams, but if
you are extremely sensitive, you may want to consult with your physician
before chewing our brands

Additionally, no packaging material directly next to our product contains
gluten sources.  There may be instances when starches are used on the
label around each individual stick of gum, but these starches are produced
from corn or potatoes, not from wheat, rye, barley, oats, millet or
buckwheat.

      We hope this information has been helpful and thanks again for
contacting the Wrigley Company.

Sincerely,

WM. WRIGLEY JR. COMPANY

Laura Richards