From:
geri/mapleleaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:11:49 -0700

>One of the interesting things about Internet Relay Chat is that when the
>last person leaves the room, the lights go out automatically... and the
>room disappears! But one of the more computer savvy visitors to #celiac
>suggested we put a "BOT" in the room that would hold the channel open and
>would greet all visitors, letting them know the official meeting days and
>times, but also letting folks know that others may show up at any time, and
>maybe doing a short explanation of what celiac disease is. This could be a
>really great way to bring in already Internet-capable members, and to
>educate non-celiacs.

bots are somewhere between socially unacceptable and completely illegal on
many if not most IRC servers.  people who run them, especially on servers
where bots are expressly forbidden, get banned from the server.  just
thought you might like to know that.

personally, i see nothing wrong with the lights being out when no one's home.

anyway, my 0.02.  any chance of a later meeting time?  4pmPDT is way too early.

geri/mapleleaf