Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:36:15 +0000

Hello,
I have been using Trader Joe's frozen mango pieces for several months and due to no mango in the store this week, I bought several bags of frozen chunks of mango, papaya, and pineapple infused with passion fruit juice.  I have been having some every day and seem to be having a reaction which is getting worse each day.  The other possibility is cross contamination at home although I am very careful and can't think of anything else that was done differently.  I do not eat out at all and the mixed fruit is the only thing I have changed for several weeks.  Trader Joe's gluten free latest list says Trader Joe's Plain Frozen Fruits and vegetables are packaged without gluten.  The bag of mixed fruit is in the same bag as the mango chunks.  I couldn't find an email address on the Trader Joe's website to ask.  I called the store and the girl that answered said the mixed fruit bag that I bought "should" be gluten free. I am not sure how she decided it was gluten free as I didn't have to wait for the reply. Anyone know if the fruit is gluten free?
I guess the question is "infused with passion fruit juice".
Thanks for your help,
Robin in Massachusetts