From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:40:09 -0600

A few days ago I asked for information about a nutritional milkshake my
non-celiac husband has been using.  It sounds good, and I wanted to be
sure it is GF.  After being told by the company representative that it
is, I asked this group if anyone had experience with it.  All responses
were positive, and I will add several that might be of interest to
others.  The phone number, in case you want it, is 1 800 297-9776 or
their website is www.eas.com.   Now that it sounds so great, I might try
it myself.

***

I have been using the Myoplex in both the regular and deluxe versions
very successfully.  I have also been enjoying the Myoplex Chocolate
Peanut Butter bars and the EAS Simply Protein Bars (Chocolate PButter).

I only know of the Lite ones to NOT be GF.  I have followed the entire
Body-for-life plan being completely GF.

Oh, I like the Chocolate Myoplex flavor the best.

***

In shopping around for protein drinks which are GF, we also read the
ingredients list for EAS Myoplex, and since it contains whey we choose
not to use it.  It also contained maltodextrin which we have been warned
against if Celiac.  Good Luck.  (NOTE: I asked the source of the
maltodextrin and was told corn. Anne)

****

 I used Myoplex Lite bars and shakes for several months.  I found that
my body could not tolerate the shakes at more than one a day.  I tended
to get some diarreha.  I don't know if this means that they contain
gluten or if it was something else.  One shake a day and I was okay.
The chocolate is good but I found the new tropical flavors to be even
better!  I have also used the bars, as I said, and that has also been
pretty successful.  I recently switched to using the purely protein bars
by EAS and had no problem.  I've called several times and been assured
there is no gluten.  Someone recently wrote to me and said that the bars
may contain some oats.  I do not know if that is true.

Are you and your husband doing the BFL challenge?

****

BFL is the Body for Life Challenge this is sponsered by Bill Phillips,
the former CEO of EAS.  It is an exercise and dietary philosophy about
losing weight and gaining muscle.  There is a book out by the same name,
also they have a website www.bodyforlife.com.

****

EAS is great for gluten free people and for putting on lean muscle

***

I was interested in your posting since just that day I had E-mailed the
company about the GF status of their products.  I have not had a
response yet.  Are you researching these products related to the article
for the 12-week program that appeared in Modern Maturity?  I had read
that and was interested in learning more about it.  I went to the web-
site and learned about the EAS supplements.  There is also a book
available which I will look for.  I was wondering if Bill Phillips uses
these products in his program or if he actually manufactures them as well.

***

The program is Bill Phillips Body for Life. The book is wonderful. It is
an eating program and exercise program to lose weight build muscle and
shed fat. Check out him on the web and in his book.