From:
Don McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 01:04:25 -0800

Tonight I am having trouble sleeping, having eaten several of Pamela's
wonderful GF cookies.  Almost immediately I felt terribly bloated, and then
realized that I have been dairy-free for a couple of weeks, and those
cookies are loaded with butter. I'm so uncomfortable that I started wishing
there was some way to "take it back", and that led to these thoughts:   my
27-year-old daughter has suffered from various allergies all her life, and
at one time, in her early twenties, had a two-year struggle with bulimia.
I'd like to know if there is a strong correlation between such disorders and
celiac disease, and if many have had a problem with them before being
diagnosed, and if becoming GF helped.  Along somewhat the same lines: Since
learning about CD,  I find myself constantly viewing others' health problems
in the light of CD, and find myself wanting to tell them to talk to their
doctors about it.  I want to be balanced about this, and would welcome any
suggestions or experiences in how others have broached the subject to
friends and relatives.  Thanks so much.  Nancy in Ashland, OR