From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 20:36:55 -0400

In the book area the biggest change for the month is Amazon.com took
away the gluten-free bestseller list and merged it into an allergies
list. The GF books still predominate, but I personally would prefer
not to have books with wheat mixed in.

I announce new books here when I find out about them. This is often
before they are published. And to keep each post unique I only
announce them once.

These three were all published long ago, but I just found out about
them. See them and others here: http://GFlinks.com/books/

I Love Dessert but NOT Sugar, Wheat, Milk, Gluten, Corn, Soy,
Unhealthy Fat... by Nicolette M Dumke
The recipes do not include the foods listed in the title, and most,
but not all, are gluten-free. She begins by offering helpful tricks
to make dessert-making easy, and explains all the of ingredients (she
also includes a section to help you locate those ingredients that may
be a bit unusual). The next 200+ pages are filled with treat after
treat with many different variations provided to suit a combination
of dietary restrictions. The book will give you many ideas. There are
no pictures. The Amazon reviews average to 5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/188762418X/?tag=celiaclist-20

The New Seaweed Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Discovering the Deep
Flavors of the Sea by Crystal June Maderia
This is combination cookbook and food guide. It explains the
properties of each variety of seaweed: kombu, nori, arame, wakame,
and dulse. Then it provides simple instructions for its preparation
in delicious recipes. All recipes are gluten-free and dairy-free.
Recipes can be detailed and hard to make. The Amazon reviews average
to 5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1556436521/?tag=celiaclist-20

Melissa's Marvelous Meatless Meals...everyday recipes that are free
of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar by Melissa Pickell, RD
The book features over 140 recipes including pancakes, waffles, and
muffins, main dishes, soups & salads, snacks, and desserts. The
recipes use mostly honey, gluten free brown rice syrup, agave nectar
and pure maple syrup as sweeteners, and occasionally date puree, or
blackstrap molasses. The Amazon reviews average to 5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0615243193/?tag=celiaclist-20