From:
Abigail Neuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 14:24:22 -0700

I just saw a posting recommending Imagine Pudding Snacks.  I got ill on this
product months ago, so I just put out a call to the Laura customer service
manager of Imagine Foods to discuss the gluten status of their foods.
(415-327-1444)

All products made by Imagine Foods Inc contain gluten except for one product:
the Plain Flavored Rice Dream Carob Frozen Dessert.  All other Rice Dream
products contain gluten, including all other frozen desserts (including other
flavors containing carob too) and all of their milk substitutes.  Barley is used
in the processing of the milk substitutes and a gluten grain alcohol is used in
the processing of the Vanilla for the frozen desserts.

The Imagine Puddings contain a gluten free rice syrup; however, the Vanilla used
involves the use of a gluten grain alcohol and thus the puddings contain a small
amount of gluten.  Laura said that she has received calls from others who are
getting gluten reactions to the pudding.

---
Abigail

"To be nobody but myself in a world which is doing its best night and day to
make me everybody else, is to fight the hardest battle which any human being can
fight and never stop fighting."  e e cummings