From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:19:14 -0500

The foiiowing are companies that I know of that make cakes (plus
cookies):

Haggada (they do take orders at 718-638-1589)

Schick's--They are the one that has been doing periodic gf baking during
the year and some on this list have been ordering from them. I suspect
they are mail ordering for Passover, however I only have wholesale
information: 718-436-8020. They are at 4710 16th Avenue, Brooklyn. They
indicate they will send worldwide. They are the most expensive on this
list.

G & I Kosher Bakery (they plan on taking orders next year, this is my
favorite of those on this list. Be careful some of their cakes do have
matzah meal. My personal favorites are the chocolate roll, mocha roll
and leaf cookies. This year I am also trying the rainbow cake which I
will freeze to have the week the part of the Torah about Noah & the
rainbow is normally read). If your are interested in being on their
mailing list for next year send a fax to 718-481-8811. I will be sending
a fax asking to be put on the mailing list, explain I keep kosher and
have celiac disease plus letting them know I will post whatever they
tell me to this list). Hopefully they will decide to mail order next
year. I am not sure why they are waiting or if they need to know they
will have enough orders to make it worth their time to have mail order.

Oberlanders--this is my second favorite, I do not have a phone number
for them.

Gruenbaum--I don't have any contact information.

Besides the various companies that make macaroons (Streit's, Goodman's,
Manishewitz, Oberlander's, etc) the following has some gf cookies:
BP Gourmet Cookies has a selection of cookies that are gf. Born Free
Foods, Inc. Syosset, NY 11781 (516) 931-6620  http://www.bpgourmet.com
The chocolate ones I had last year were very rich, but they are usually
lower in calories, low in sodium and cholesterol free, but they do
contain alot of sugar and they have egg whites (if you are allergic to
eggs). Check because they also make cookies made with matzah.

Mixes--Lieber's makes 3 cake mixes and 3 cookie mixes. I have never used
them because they are not cheap and I don't mind baking from scratch.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD