Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:59:33 -0400

After having read the posts about Proctor and Gamble, and considering
present events in my professional life, I'd like to offer these thoughts
(with no disparaging of anyone else's opinions):

1).  Telling a company that the other 3000 list members will probably
have little effect. I know that there are many celiacs out there not on
the list, but how much they investigate, call, etc.. is basically
unknown. With a population of almost 275,000,000 in the USA, the list's
3000  is 0.00011% of the population--not something your average large
company is going to care about, if they don't already (and there are
list members from some 40 countries in that 3000); 2) labeling seems to
be the big issue--maybe the push should be for more specific labeling so
that all people with a medical condition who could be affected would
benefit; 3.) there is strength in numbers--enlisting the national
organizations, along with contacting other groups, such as diabetes,
would increase the numbers of concerned citizens and then maybe there
would be changes. Just some thoughts.... Susan