From:
Walt and Carolyn Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:03:50 -0600

I have had several good suggestions for eating when traveling in general and
a few for Springfield, IL

One person sent me a helpful web site using the yahoo yellow pages at
yahoo.com.  You then look up food and dining-natural and organic.  This
gives you a list of health food stores.  Another added a health food store
that she shops at that was not in the yellow pages at yahoo.

Another suggested the Outback on Route 55.  She said that she had no trouble
eating there if she followed the list we had earlier on this list serv.

Several suggested that I talk to the chef at the hotel.  I have since found
out that this particular hotel has only a continental breakfast and then
there is a bar and grill next door that we can use for supper.  I understand
that a great number of people contact the chefs at their hotels.  The hotels
mentioned where more expensive than the one that I will be staying at and my
money is very limited.

Several others suggested ice chests and fill them up at the ice machine and
keep simple things such as approved luncheon meats, fresh fruit, etc.  Then
take crackers, travel size fruit cups, approved chips etc.

I don't know how I will handle it just yet, but thanks to all of you who
answered my post and gave me such good suggestions.

Carolyn Reardon