From:
Adam and Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam and Emily Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:28:23 -0500

OK, I am sorry that this is not a better summary, it is more of a cut
and paste of what people said, and I have not had a chance to check the
archives again yet (although I am told that there should be something
there that I did not find earlier), but wanted to get this out since
there were lots of interested people. The short of it is that
Fleishman's unsalted light margarine, Annie's salad dressings, and
Spectrum Organic Palm Shortening are the most common, but there are
others mentioned.

Thanks to everyone!  Emily

Here is a website:  living gluten/dairy/soy free -
http://www.kjsl.com/~imacmom/gluten-free

I think the only soy and dairy free margarine is mothers kosher for
passover.  I know people who buy a years worth and freeze it.  Several
people on the Food Allergy Kitchen
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FOODALLERGYKITCHEN) and/or GFCFRecipes
gluten, casein, and soy.

Carol Fenster's Special Diet Celebrations deals with wheat, gluten,
dairy and eggs allergies.savorypalate.com Lani Thompson's Clan Thompson
deals with gluten, Dairy, Vegetarian. www.clanthompson.com

Check the archives        Check with delphiforums

check out www.gfcfdiet.com  It's milk and gluten-free...you would only
need to weed out the soy items.

I don't know if you can find this salad dressing line, but Renee's is
yummy and when you call  them, they will send you a list of GF
dressings.  Their Ranch dressing is GF.  Their toll free number is
1-800-4Renees.   They are based in Canada

Check out Annie's Natural  salad dressing and Brianna's salad dressing.
I know they're both gf.

For shortening--Spectrum Naturals Organic Shortening.  It's only palm
oil ,not hydrogenated.

Butter replacer: Benecol spread and Fleischman's unsalted margarine

Salad dressing: I make my own with (good) olive oil, balsamic vinegar
and Grey Poupon dijon mustard. Other salad dressing that you can buy is:
Annie's Natural Organic Green Garlic (it is vinegar free.)

Chocolate chips: Bakers semi sweet chocolate chunks,  Trader Joe's Rice
Um rice milk,  Lays potato chips and fritos,  Sheik of Two Tribes Hummus

For shortening, we've had good luck with the Spectrum organic palm oil
shortening (just organic palm oil). Lard works well too.

For a butter substitute, we use schmaltz for savory items, and coconut
oil for sweet stuff.

For salad dressing, we stick with homemade.

the margarine that is easiest to find is Fleishmann's Light - gf/df/sf

and for salad dressings Old Cape Cod and Annies are most often gf/df/sf

Cool Whip is also gf/df/sf

OH, and I use Naturally Preferred Plain Lowfat Rice milk it is also
gf/sf/df and has probiotics and is enriched