From:
Greg Schoenborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:18:01 -0500

Hi all.

Again, thank you all very much for your full length replies and speed.
I really mean it, ... thank you.

First, my biopsy was set back until Nov 13th for doctors reasons. To make
matters worse, I refuse to eat gluten. This may screw up my test, but....
For all who don't know, I ate gluten as anyone would (non-celiac) until Sep

1. That's when I was tipped off on gluten. It seemed to make a big
difference. Then I started eating gluten again on Oct 1. Never really got
ill, or should I say, I did not have a major reaction as I ate gluten for
about 2 weeks. Then I was tested on Oct 6th. Gliadin IGG and IGA were
normal and TTG was 143, and no ednomy was done.

Anyhow, I really started eating lots of gluten products starting the
19th of Oct to up my result percentage for the biopsy. Then by the 28th
of Oct I was really sick again. The steat, mild DH, and nasty migraines.
I stuck with it until then and quit eating it that day on the 28th. The
proof was in the brown pudding. (lol) Anyhow... this is the questions I have:

I pretty sure I have had this for about 8 years. The past 2 years have been
really bad. How many of you think I'm really going to heal in 2 weeks and
screw up the biopsy?

Second question: (this is kinda gross) It's been 4 days since I quit
eating gluten. I ate a bunch of salmon, fresh spinach and plain boiled
potatoes last night. everything was ok this morning, but all of the
potatoes were completely undigested.  If and maybe my villi are on
vacation right now, does this blow out your flora along with it? Does
this aid in the mal-absorption problem? Should I be taking pro biotic?
Should I be taking pancreatic enzyme supplements? For all who ar e
wondering, my pancreas is fine. I had major testing for that over the summer.

Why would I have very little problems eating a couple pieces of wheat bread
a day for about 2 weeks and not really have really bad reactions?
I will say by the time I had not eaten gluten for 30 days, my stool was
better than it had been for 2 years.

Anyway, I feel as though I'm rambling and repeating my problems.
All of my symptoms seem inconsistent and I still worry whether I actually
have CD or not. Not that I want it, but what the hell else my problem could
be. The TTG test at 143 seems pretty positive, though.

The gas, foul undigested stools, insomnia, burning skin, migraines. I need
a pizza and a beer.

Ugh.

Thanks all.

Greg Schoenborn