From:
"Kathryn K. Harden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:53:25 -0600

        I am working with a family in which the mother, a son and a daughter have
many symptoms of celiac disease.  The mother's family tree includes many
individuals with digestive problems.  The son, who is 11 y old, had the
serological tests for CD (done through a local hospital) which came back
negative.  Although these results at first seem to be good news, the family
really wants to have their problems solved and now are once again at a
loss.  I know there has been discussion about the reliability of the
serological tests and I was wondering if anyone has compiled an analysis.
Or, is it really possible to have CD without the antibodies?  Thank you for
any information you can offer.

Sincerely,
Kathy Harden