From:
Kay Ohana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Ohana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:16:44 -0700

I called the Coca-Cola company to inquire about their modified
food starch in Powerade soft drinks, as my 10 year old CD grandson
loves the stuff. The following is their reply.
Kay

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company. We appreciate your
interest in POWERade Mountain Blast.

Please be assured that all Coca-Cola brand products in the U.S.
are gluten free.  Additionally, we are not aware of anyone with
Celiac Disease having a problem after consuming a Coca-Cola brand
product.

You also asked about modified food starch.  Though the source can
vary, the modified food starch used in Coca-Cola brands products,
including POWERade Mountain Blast, is derived from corn.

We hope this information is helpful. We have enclosed a small
token of our appreciation for your patronage that we hope you
enjoy. Should you have other questions, we encourage you to
contact us again.

Sincerely,
Stacey R. Burch
Industry and Consumer Affairs