From:
William A. Rieser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:54:20 EST

Concerning Chinese and Mexican Restaurants:

Never have a problem with Chinese-in several states!  Ask for MSG free, no
soy sauce, no noodles.  I eat many different dishes prepared with the clear
cornstarch sauce, no limitation on kind of meat (unless previously
marinated).  Take with you a small plastic bottle of LaChoy or Chun King soy
sauce and enjoy.  No fried rice!

Mexican:  No chili sauce or gravy.  Instead they will substitute "Spanish
Sauce", which is delicious and is made from canned tomatoes.  BEWARE one item
you might not suspect - beans.  There are some who now thicken the "frijoles
refritos" with flour.  Get the ranchero beans or ask about refried.  Corn
tortillas of course.

Alcohol:  After 26 years, much research and experience, the bottom line
remains the same.  Rum, Tequila and wine.  Some brandies, but that must be
investigated.  Rum and tequila never cause problems and I am a classic Celiac
with 0 tolerance.

I really do not have problems with eating out and find people very
cooperative, if they show too much ignorance or disregard, I go elsewhere.

I went from within days of death and 82 pounds at age 34 to a steady 114
pounds, very healthy with no recurrances.  Anyone can do it with committment
and a lot of home cooking.  There was little available in those days
commercially.   Wow, if you have money now, you can get it all done for you.
Must win the lottery and get out of the kitchen one of these days.

Sandy Rieser
Fort Worth, TX