Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:54:42 +0200

Hi, list.

I have NEVER had a problem with these recipes and they never fail!

Hope this helps satisfy you chocolate lovers.

Sharon Marcus

Chocolate Pudding
(too thin to be used for chocolate pie filling)

1/3 c. sugar
3 TBSP cornflour/cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. milk
2 1/2 TBSP pure, unsweetened cocoa powder

Boil the above until it gets thick. WHen just boiling, transfer to
lower heat for 3 min. stirring constantly Remove from heat and add 1
1/2 tsp. vanilla.
Pour into serving glasses and refrig.

If you want vanilla pudding, omit cocoa powder.

Chocolate Pie Filling
(I haven't discovered a pie crust I'm 100% happy with but here's the
filling. It's too thick to be used as a pudding.)

3/4 c. sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch/cornflour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
3 beaten egg yolks
2 TBSP margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
4-5 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder

Combine sugar, cornstarch/cornflour, cocoa, sdalt and gradually add
milk. Cook over medium heat until it boils and thickens. Cook 2 minutes
more. Remove from heat. Stir a little into the yolks which have been
beaten in a separate bowl. Return yolk mixture to rest of hot mixture
and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add margarine and
vanilla. Cool. Stretch plastic wrap over surface of filling (whether
you cool it in a pot or in the crust) so as to prevent "skin" forming
on the top. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate.