From:
Devon & Anna Allcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:12:25 -0800

Hello Listmates,
I had asked if anyone else felt as though they were in a mental fog
AFTER going GF and the responses were very interesting.  I received 62
replies and here is what they said:

20 People said "YES, I feel mentally worse after going GF". They state
that they used to be very sharp and some can hardly finish a book now.
Two responses were from graduate students (I am also a graduate student)
and they noticed it quite prominently.

6 People said that they too feel mentally foggy but weren't sure if it
could be connected to depression, or hypothyroidism or medications.

2 people said they actually became dyslexic after going GF- very interesting

14 People said that they used to feel foggy and after going GF they feel
great.  They all suggested that we make sure we are not ingesting gluten
my mistake

Many helpful listmembers made some suggestions of other possible causes:
7 Mineral deficiency (Vitamin B's and Omega 6 oil)
4 Carbon Monoxide poisoning
3 Thyroid problems
2 depression
2 Unbalanced diet
2 Just wait longer and you may feel better
1 Check other food intolerances or allergies
1 Take two Alka Seltzer Gold to balance your salts (Doctor prescribed
  and apparently  works.  If two don't make you feel better in a few
  minutes, take two more)

Anyways, I'm glad not to feel so alone. Thank-you everyone for your
balance my diet, take vitamin B's, check my house for carbon monoxide,
and test for other food allergies or intolerances.

Thanks again,

Anna in B.C. Canada