Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:25:15 -0500

A week or so ago, I posted to the list and asked if anyone knew if Wampler
Foods had products that were gf.  I received a couple of posts, and one
person stated that their reduced fat sausage was both gf and contained no
MSG.

I have since phoned the company.  Their headquarters are in Broadway,
Virginia, and their phone number is 540-896-7000.  The woman that I talked
with was very helpful!  She told me that the items that were listed as coupon
items in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago are gf.  Those products are:
Turkey or Chicken Mignons (fresh or frozen), Turkey Burgers, and Wampler
Deli Products.  She did mention that some of the Deli Products contain MSG,
so you might want to check individual package ingredient lists.

She also assisted me in finding out which stores in my town carry Wampler
products - for the New River Valley, Virginia, they can be found at Kroger,
Wade's, and Harris Teeter.   I was very pleased with the courteous manner in
which I was treated.  I can hardly wait to get to the store to look for those
Turkey Mignons!  I have eaten the plain unseasoned chickens made by Wampler,
and thought they were great!

I do not have any monetary interest in Wampler - I'm only a satisfied
customer!

Deb
Blacksburg, VA