From:
Elizabeth Bartilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:00:29 -0500

I have read so much about use of oriental flours, and have purchsed rice,
tapioca and potato starch flour from oriental markets. However, I became
concerned about cross-contamination and called a rice flour manufacturer
(brand name SWAD, distributed by Raja Foods). He said the rice was ground in
a separate area, but that their corn flour, gram flour and moong bean flour
could be contaminated by gluten flours. Most of the flours from these
markets are made in other countries. I haven't seen any gf brand name lists
of oriental flours. What have others done?

On an unrelated note, I have a wealth of information about gf candy, thanks
to the sources from this list. However, I don't suppose anyone knows of a
gluten-free red licorice, or a recipie to make it? It was one of my
favorites :-(. How about malted milk balls?

I'll summarize if appropriate.

Elizabeth in Michigan