From:
Penny Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:28:24 EST

I've just received a letter from Victoria Harl with Ralston Foods, P.O. Box
618, St. Louis, Missouri 63188-0618.

I was originally told by three Food Lion stores in Virginia Beach, VA that
Sun Flakes has been discontinued.  Another Food Lion store in Chesapeake, VA
told my mother the same thing.  I was advised to contact the maker of the
product by a Food Lion manager.

In correspondence received today from Ralston Foods they have indicated that
it is up to the independent retailer of chain store management to make the
decision as to which products will be handled.  If you are a cereal eater and
have been depending on this gluten-free cereal for breakfast, I urge you to
contact your local Food Lion store (or other distributor) and also Ralston
Foods.  We need to speak up when items are taken off the shelf that we have
come to depent on.

Your comments and action are greatly appreciated!

Penny
Virginia Beach, VA