From:
Carollee Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:06:08 -0500

After reading all the horror stories about visiting relatives, I thought
I would share a different story.

This past Christmas we had dinner with neighbors, totally GF with a
flourless chocolate cake for me (my birthday too).

Saturday went to my in-laws where not only was the meal totally GF (they
gave me left-over range free turkey without additives and had cooked the
stuffing in a casserole so nothing would be contaminated), but my
brother-in-law (visiting from San Francisco) had recently taken a bread
baking class where the instructor had "mentioned" the challenge of
baking a GF loaf of bread.  My sweet brother-in-law contacted the
instructor after class and as a surprise he made two loaves of wonderful
French bread for me to enjoy with dinner.  My other brother-in-law had
made the most beautiful flourless chocolate cake that looked like it had
come directly from the cover of Bon Appetite.  Tasted good too.  All the
"befores" had been carefully prepared with GF substitutions and many of
my gifts were GF specialties from the local health food store.  I was
really over-come  at their going to all this extra work just for me.

Just for the record, my own family would NEVER do this for me, I would
be told to find something I could eat while they ate whatever they
wanted, always something I could not have.