Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 08:10:50 -0400

Had to share my new find: a frozen non-fat lactose free yogurt that I cam
across in my local health food store- It is called ALPHA 1 and it comes in a
huge variety of flavors (I tried the toasted coconut and it was really
creamy). Ingredients are as follows:

Water, Sucrose, Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Natural Gum, Natural and
Artificial Flavors, Active Cultures.

I spoke with the company today and inquired about the natural and artificial
flavors and any other of our problem ingredients. They called me back to let
me know after doing some research with their suppliers- the flavoring is
vanillan (alcohol free), no alchohol extracts, no malt, no barley extracts,
no wheat.

Seems like a safe option and at 39 calories a serving- I'm just about sold.

Anything you can see I may have missed? What's the deal with Whey Protein?
 Please hurry and reply before I stock my freezer!
:) Leslie-NYC

p.s.  Their # is 1-800=ALPHA-4U and they carry it outside of NY