From:
Laura George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 00:09:56 EDT

new post - very long please bear with me, does anyone have the same problem
as me.....

Hello everyone...i am new to celiac, if that is what i have.  i had a biopsy
in April, it was negative.  i also had a blood test, both of these were thru
the GI Dr.  he did not think that i have celiac.  the blood test came back
positive.  he also did an ultrasound of my middle section and said i have
gallstones.  i have a constant pain on the left side right under my breast
and at the top of the rib cage.  sometimes it feels like i have overeaten at
the local food bar and if i take a breath i will bust.  when i bend over, it
feels like a really thick muscle spasm.  or someone kneading bread, turning
the muscle over and over.  i have weight gain, very bad gas, bloating, and
eventually i will have bowel movements, like when i go pea and i will squeeze
out a drop or two or poop, each time i go pee, then after about 5-6 times of
doing that, i will expel about 4-6" sometime 7-8" yellow brown baby diaper
smelling waste.  it floats, and i guess is oily, when it sits in the water,
the brown starts to separate with the water.  does this make sense.  i also
went back to the fam. dr. in August, told him i was still gaining weight, i
got married in April after the 1st testing...my diet completely changed from
eating out all the time to cooking dinner everynight.  i went from 14-16 to
18-20 in about 2 months.  the scales were 170 to 175 to 180 to 188 in those
two month.  i quit eating bagels, granola cereal, shredded wheat, etc., that
i thought was good diet food, i quit this before April, when i figured i
might have celiac / sprue.  ok, in August the blood work was positive again.
the fam. phy. said to go to dietician.  i went, she said  watch all labels...
avoid gluten.  i bought a book, read lots of these emails and online on the
web.MD and other sights.   my main problem is my waste stays in me, instead
of diarrhea, now after a few days 3-4 i eventually have a gas pain and run to
the bathroom and have a blow out, almost diarrhea. but not the full blown
stuff.    from day to day, i bloat, and go down.  the gas is so bad i can't
get away from it.  it follows me everywhere i go.  and it is like every 5
minutes all day.  it is getting very old.  very embarrassing at work, church,
grocery store, in bed with my husband.  he said he thought he was bad, but my
gas is worse that any man he's seen and heard.  i have purchased gluten free
food, switched to organic salad dressing, quit all bread, flour, etc.  it has
helped, i got my energy back, i had gotten very tired at work, no get up and
go and get busy go to work, just want to sit and go to sleep.  i have been
taking prozac on and on for about 10 years when i had a nervous breakdown
because  of becoming a single parent for the past 13 1/2 years and trying to
make it own my own and not asking anyone for help.  well after Christian
counseling and learning that it is okay to ask for help and prozac i can cope
with anything now, except being tired of being bloated all the time, and
passing gas.  i had to start buying fat very loose clothes, i lost my
waistline.  i cannot wear anything tight around my waist.  i seem to swell or
bloat after lunch.  i can wear a pair of pants to work zipped and buttoned,
but by 12 or 1 PM i am unzipped and shirttail out covering my unzipped pants.
 even queen size panty hose just cut me in the middle.  ankle socks leave
elastic indention's in my ankles, knee highs do the same, even rolled to the
ankle.  i really don't have swelling in fingers or feet, unless i eat pizza.
i really swell up by the next morning.  but i don't eat pizza anymore.  i did
cheat last week, and in a matter of 3-4 days i was bloated and gassy once
again until i expelled out all the waste.  believe me i know how a baby feels
when they have diaper rash.  some days i go to the bathroom so many times and
wipe, i feel like i need baby wipes with aloe to soothe my raw bottom.  This
is pitiful, I am 38 years old.  Celiac does run in the family.  my dad was
married before.  his two children are 12-15 yrs. older than me.  my half
sister has the diareaha and my half brother had the rash on his elbows, and
buttocks.  he don' t follow the diet like my half sister does.  she has given
me lot of tips, but i want to know if anyone else has the severe bloating and
gas and contains waste for days on end.  please help.......... sick of being
a human blimp -n- Coldwater, Mississippi:  Laura George