Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:16:36 -0400

Hello friends,
My daughter had, what was suppose to be, her confirmation biopsy this
morning.  She has been GF for over a year now and her tissue sample today
still shows inflamation.  I am very careful as to what she eats.  She is a
gluten free as she can be I assure you.  I asked the doctor what an inflamed
mucosa could mean and he shrugged and then added "parasites, maybe?"  She
was tested for parasites way back before her first biopsy (October '96).
Then she had the EMA test and it came back slightly positive so this lead to
the first biopsy.  She's gained 5 pounds this last year, on the GF diet.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what this all means?  How do I know if the
pathologist is skilled and experienced enough to read her biopsy correctly?
I felt really frustrated today with the doctor that did the biopsy.  He's so
wishy washy....I really want to trust him but sometimes I'm not sure I do.
He ordered teh EMA test again.  I had to wait an additional 2 and a half
hours for the lab technician.  My poor 4 year old...hadn't eaten since 6
:30pm the night before!!!!!

I know there are many of you who feel this way about doctors, procedures,
etc.  I'm sure you know when you've been lucky enough to find a doctor that
really does know what he/she is doing.  Afterall, aren't the doctors suppose
to know more then us?  At least the intestinal specilists?  OY!

I feel like screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thanks for letting me vent :)
Chris in Ontario
Rainbow says keep smiling :)