From:
Pascale Cosse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:31:28 +0100

Dear Listmates,

Everyone knows today how toxic refined white flour can be for nutrition
and health in general... and that's unfortunately what most gluten-free
food products are based on!

I first researched the different manufacturers we have here in Europe
(Schär, Aproten, Valpi, Glutano, etc.) and none of them offers
brown-flour based products (except Schär's brown flour mix).

So, for those interested, please find herewith a summary of the
recommendations I received to my query about  GOOD GLUTEN-FREE PASTA
MADE WITH (ORGANIC) BROWN FLOURS:

DE-RO-MA in Canada
http://www.cosmo2000.ca/deroma
Does seem to have an interesting range, with 10 different brands, a
number of which European. Unfortunately, though, I could not check if
they did offer such products as the "pasta" section of the site was
unfortunately inactive everytime I tried it these last few days...

Someone recommended as "The best pasta I have found (in the US)":
 "100% rice elbows" made by
FOOD FOR LIFE BAKING CO. INC.
2991 E Doherty St
Corona, CA 91719
USA
phone: 1(800)797-5090
They are made from brown rice. $2.00 for 16 oz.

Another recommendation: " the best spaghetti noodles so far":
All Natural Rice Noodles from Annie Chun's.
They have a few savors. Recommended: Chinese forest Mushroom & Garlic.
It is like vermicelli, cooks in 4 min. and are as good as real one, if
not better.
ANNIE CHUN'S GOURMET FOODS
P.O. Box 2418,  San Rafael, CA  94901
http://www.anniechun.com