From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 07:16:29 -0500

Hi Listmates,

I received 26 replies to my post about the above angel food cake mix
with many suggestions and hints as well as several recipes for homemade
angel food cake.

Several people had the same result as my attempt which tasted good, but
did not raise and others had perfect angel food cakes from the mix.

Some suggestions are:

    1.    Always make sure that your eggs and other ingredients are room
temperature before beginning.

    2.    Make sure that everything you use to make the cake is
scrupulously clean and free of grease or oil.

    3.    Use a glass or metal bowl for mixing and a spatula for folding
the dry ingredients into the egg whites.

    4.    Do not overbeat the egg whites.

    5.    Most importantly, be careful when folding in the dry
ingredients as too much folding will take the air out of the egg whites.

    6.    Make sure that your oven is preheated and at the correct
temperature when you put the cake inside.

    7.    Use the correct size pan.  Using a pan that is too large will
not give you the proper result.

I have decided that I will try some of the recipes that I received
instead of purchasing another mix.  I seem to have better luck with
homemade items than I do with mixes, plus it is less expensive to make
from scratch.

Thank you to everyone who sent me info.  I really appreciate your help.

Barbara in Illinois