From:
Leanne Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 1995 17:18:40 MDT

>Someone wrote to me earlier that mono and di-glycerides were not gluten
>free.  I've never heard this before - is it true?

Dear Lynn

This is definitely not true.
Mono and diglycerides are lipids which are better known as fats. Although
they are rather undesireable considering they are often derived from
petroleum based products they are gluten free. They are usually found in
cheaper brands of icecream as a substitute for cream which is much more
expensive.

Leanne Wenzel
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta