From:
harriet craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harriet craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:04:51 -0500

after my adrenals hit the bottom from taking the compounded thyroid extract, i went to a new
endocrinologist.  we did the blood work for thyroid and  an 8 am adrenal blood check. after being off
of the thyroid for 4 weeks my tsh came back at 3.8 and the adrenals were normal.  in sept the tsh
was 2 while on 30 mg. of the thyroid extract, although was having the adrenal problem then.
the dr. did not want to start any thyroid and will recheck in 10 weeks and see what is going on.  on
the first visit my thyroid was still swollen .  on the 2nd visit the swelling has gone down.  i think
maybe i was allergic to the extract and that caused the adrenal stress.   when i started the thyroid, it
was borderline low and swollen and i had about 8 nodules on it.  the dr. did offer to do the acth
adrenal test to help me feel better and completely eliminate any doubts that it is an adrenal problem.
i have decided to wait another month and see how i feel before doing that.  they have to inject you
with something.  i have been gluten free for 8 years but have had alot of reactions to packaged food
and supplements and medications even the ones that say gluten free.  i now eat only fresh vegies
and fresh meats, potaoes and lundbergs brown rice. cant do sugar either. and use the kosher salt.
one interesting thing just happened since i am off of i hope the things that i react to and that is for
the first time in 8 years my stools have stopped floating.  i just thought that was never going to get
back to normal and then all of a sudden.
maybe it took 8 years to heal?  or i'm finally on the right track?  i often wondered if it was my
adrenals because i wondered how anyone could be so hypersensitive to so many things.  so i will
continue with what is working for me and hope to keep feeling stronger.  anyone have any similar
experiences?  has anyone had the acth test and should i do the test even if i feel better?