Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 23:26:58 EDT

In reference to a comment in George and Gayle Kennedy's posting:  The hornet's
nest:quinoa, a comment was made in item 11 about corn & rice Wasa crackers.

I have a box of Wasa, Original Crispbread, Gluten & Wheat Free--Corn in my
hands that was purchased from a local Health Food Store in the Detroit,
Michigan area..  The ingredients listed are:  Rice flour, whole grain corn
flour, cornstarch, skimmed milk powder, yeast, vegetable fat, organic raw
sugar, mono- and diglycerides, sodium bicarbonate, sea salt, cellulose gum.
It is a Product of Switzerland made by Roland Murien AG, Murten, exclusively
imported by Liberty Richter, Saddle Brook, N.J. 07663.  There is no wheat
starch listed in this product.  It is possible that the poster might have
obtained a product not manufactured for use in the U.S..  (Canada has also
prohibited wheat starch for Celiacs.)  I think there has been a
misunderstanding and that of course is what leads to different ideas among
Celiacs.  Was it a Celiac response or a response to something else?  Or did it
just not agree with them?  There are a lot of things I don't eat because I
just don't like them or they don't agree with me.

Carolyn Sullivan