From:
Liela Irvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Liela Irvin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:40:04 -0800

I need to know if anyone has ever had any heart problems because of the celiac disease.  I was diagnosed Jan. 2002, and when I was detoxing all the gluten there was a couple of times my heart seemed to have stopped and started back up on its own.  My antibodies are still really high.  I had did well for a while, even though this was a very tough diet for me.  Ive tended to cheat here lately, and that may be why my test results havent lowered.  I was devestated when the dr. told me the results were to high for me to have been on the diet.  I am going through a tough time again, ecspecially with the holidays coming up.  But anyways, back to the heart, I just had an incident on Nov. 9, 2002.  I know that my heart stopped beating, I didnt want to die, and it just started beating again.  I have never had heart problems until I started deglutenizing last Jan.  Please let me know if anyone out there with celiac has had any type of experience with there heart.  Having such a tough time with this disease.  And when I have cheated, I really pay for, muscle aches, not being able to walk, vomiting and several other symptoms.  Please respond if you have and advice for me.

Feeling helpless,
Liela