From:
Janine Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janine Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:09:35 -0700

Got back from our trip and everything went well.  We went to Sea World and I
contacted Sea World directly and they sent me a list of everything in the
park we could eat.  What a treat.  Here is the letter:
Thank you for your email.  The following are no gluten items:

Deli
Bratwurst & Knackwurst (No bun)

Carved Roast Beef (no bun)

Carved Turkey (no bun)
Hot Dog (no bun)

Calypso Bay (opening in April 2004)

Smoked Ribs or Chicken
Hot Dog (no bun)
Corn on the Cob
Side Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Mango Joe's
Hot Dog  (no bun)
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Shipwreck
Baby Back Ribs
Roast Beef Sandwich (no bread)
Smoked Turkey (side)
Hot Dog (no bun)
Grilled Salmon (no Pineapple & Honey Glaze)
Chicken Caesar Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Mama Stella's
Hot Dog (no bun)
Caesar Salad
Side Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Dine With Shamu
Caesar Salad
Fresh Fruit Salad
Seafood Creole
Hot Dog (no bun)

Please feel free to contact Tracy Gilstrap in the Culinary Operations office
at
(619) 225-4221 with any questions or Chef Jerry Dollar at (619) 666-6380
with
any further concerns.

If we can assist you further, please e-mail us directly at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or
by
calling 1-800-25-SHAMU.

Katrina Duarte-Shaw
Guest Correspondence Office
SeaWorld San Diego

----------------------------

We ended up eating though at Whole Foods Market in La Jolla.  They had just
put out all the food for the day and the manager there at the food prep
station was very helpful.  We ended up getting a no salt half chicken,
freshly made rice and some fruit salad and had a nice meal.
------------------------------
Las Vegas was a different story.  We stayed at the MGM and on my last visit
Wolfgang Pucks was wonderful.  The day that we went the service was
terrible.  I think they had a new server and we ended up leaving.  There was
also alot of loafs of fresh bread stacked around that made me nervous.  They
were coated in white flour and just stacked in corners where the food was
prepped.  The manager was very nice and asked us to stay but we were on a
tight schedule that day and only had a window of time in order for us to
eat.  So, we left and from the comments we overheard while waiting to be
served and others waiting to talk to the manager, I am glad we did.  This
new server was really too green to be working at such a busy establishment
right at dinner time.
We did have a great meal at the RainForest Cafe there and the manager was
very helpful.  We ate all meals either with food I had packed or from the
snack bar by the pool.  They precook at the foods in the morning and
everything is done separately.  We did not get sick and my son is very
sensitive.  We had ice cream at cold stone at Excalibur.  The manager at
coldstone got a new scooper and dished directly into a cup.  They did this
at Haagen Daaz too at the MGM.  We also had a nice meal at the regular cafe
at the MGM that is open 24 hours.  They were great and I had a steak, my son
had a baked potato and part of my steak and we ordered fresh fruit and
vegetables without the seasoning.  the waitress was very nice and knew about
celiac, so we left her a nice tip.

They now have a whole foods there and they have a trader joes.  There is
an Outback on the strip and we were ok eating out a few meals and eating in
the others.  I packed gf meats, cheeses and brought cereal and gf salad
dressings.  So, I ate a lot of salad and lettuce wraps.  My son ate mostly
fruit, cereal and burgers from the snack bar at the pool.  We spent a lot of
time at the pool as they have a lazy river there.

Thanks for all the input from everyone.  And sorry I don't know much about
the Mirage.  Other than I heard their buffet is suppose to be great.

Janine