From:
"K. Feldmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Feldmann
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:51:13 -0500

Hi,
First of all, I want to thank all of you for the well wishes for me and my family when I inquired about connective tissue disorder and celiac. It helped me not feel so alone and I really, really appreciated it. We have been to the University and they have diagnosed her with Ehlers-Danlos, some times there are problems with internal organs, such as the heart, but we had her checked out - she was a trooper through it all, (very proud of her!) and they have told us her heart is just fine and she will only need to be checked to make sure everything is okay every two years. The only concern they had as far as her heart was that we need to check to make sure that her blood vessels grow with her as she grows up. The only bad thing, is she still will bruise easily and if she falls, she has the chance of splitting open like she has done before, so her life will have some limits, but they are livable. Just wanted to sort of update you on her and thank you for all your well wishes. I did ask the doc. if celiac and connective tissue disorder were related - he told me no, but from what I all got from you - I believe there may be a connection - my daughter does not have the celiac, my son does. But they are two great kids!
Anyway, my next question, with school starting up again soon, does anyone know of soups (or websites of soup manufacturers) that are gluten free - I would like to have some soup handy for some of his lunches for school.
Thanks,
Kathy